One of the blogs I enjoy reading has a 101 things in 1001 days series. Unsurprisingly, I loved this idea, and started my year off with my own list of Things To-Do in 2014. I stuck to a one-year timeframe because I've found that I can tend to focus so much on my long-term goals that I miss out on "short-term" ones. & since I'm hoping that this blog will remind me to take full advantage of the "everyday," I figured this would be a great place to share my to-do list.
1. Read 12 books (The Fault in Our Stars, The Boys in the Boat, Middlesex, Gone Girl)
2. Watch 12 documentaries (Miss Representation, The Abortion War)
3. Learn how to sew a button
4. Go camping
7. Join Toastmasters
9. Learn about personal finances and continue saving in my brokerage account
10. Take a cooking class
11. Go to Kaffeestunde/do something German for an hour once a month (Kokowähh, Kaffeestunde, Gilmore Girls auf Deutsch)
13. Make an address book
14. Find a signature cocktail...
15. ...and learn how to make it.
16. Learn about makeup
20. Visit Boston
21. M-22 Race
22. Train for a ½ marathon or 10K
23. Publish my article in an academic journal
24. Volunteer for an organization in my community
25. Learn how to French braid
26. Get better acquainted with my DSLR
28. Unplug for a day
32. Read for thirty minutes every week night for two weeks
33. Cook dinner once a week for a month
34. Take a minivaca with my girlfriends